Tullamore Life & Community proudly supports
Check our online database for jobs listings.
Jobseekers - upload your c.v. and let countless employers get in touch with you!
Links can be added here. They are arranged in alphabetical order below according to category (where appropriate).
Welfare Services & Active Information:
• Citizens Information Centre Provides free, impartial and confidential information across the full range of state services and entitlements as well as local services and supports.
• Department of Social Welfare Find out about what you could be entitled to by the State according to your circumstances.
• Offaly County Council (Offaly.ie) Website of Offaly County Council, with information from your rights to libraries, community groups county-wide to services.
• Offaly VEC Further education and training via distance learning and night courses.
Enterprise & Employment:
• Carrer Jet Gives the job seeker access to a massive selection of jobs that are compiled from various internet sources.
• Midland Jobs Consists of a simple database of employers and their job vacancies based in the midlands region – Mullingar, Athlone, Tullamore and the surrounding towns and counties.
• Offaly County Enterprise Board For anyone considering starting or growing their business in County Offaly, this should be their first stop. From advice to financial support, we can help you and your business.
• Offaly Leader "Liaison Entre Actions de Development d'Economie Rurale" is an EU and Government sponsored initiative to promote rural development throughout the European Union.
• Tullamore & District Chamber of Commerce In business for business. Our mission is to play a pro-active role in accelerating the economic development of Tullamore, while ensuring an acceptable balance exists between social and economic progress.
Hotels & Accommodation:
• Bridge House Hotel Town center hotel next to the famous Bridge Shopping Center. Boasts 72 bedrooms and aleisure center.
• Days Hotel Situated in the heart of the bustling town centre, with many bars, restaurants and shops close by, the hotel is ideal for a business or leisure stay.
• Hamlet Court Hotel 2006 winner of the Best Wedding Venue Award for all of Ireland. Situated in the village of Johnstownbridge, 1 mile from Enfield.
• Tullamore Court Hotel 4-star hotel located close to the town center. Comes with banqueting and conferencing suites and a leisure center.
See here for further accommodation lists in the locality from our Local Services section.
Local and regional Attractions:
• Belvedeere House 160 acres of parland 4 miles from Mullingar on the shores of Lough Ennell.
• Birr Community A new online website for Birr and its people.
• Bridge Centre Tullamore's premier shopping venue with almost 30 shops under one roof.
• Charleville Castle Built between 1798 to 1812, this is the best example of Gothic-Revival architecture in Ireland. Tours available.
• Locke's Distillery Based in Kilbeggan, believed to be "the oldest licensed pot still distillery in the world". Tours available.
• Offaly Historical Society Collects, interprets, exhibits and preserves research materials and artefacts that document the history of the region.
• "Tullamore Dew" Heritage Center Located in the 1897 Tullamore Dew bonded warehouse, and learn about Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey and Irish Mist liqueur, famous drinks, born in Tullamore. Tours available.