Tullamore Life & Community proudly supports
Check our online database for jobs listings.
Jobseekers - upload your c.v. and let countless employers get in touch with you!
Area Vitals and Statistics
Administrative capital town of County Offaly. Lies along the Dublin-Galway (East-West), and the Cavan-Carlow (North-South) routes.
2006: 10,907 inhabitants
(2002: 10,270 inhabitants)
Rural area encompasses 23,280 residents (according to the Cental Statistics Office).
3rd largest town in the Irish Midlands.
Distance from (by road*)
A central midlands town, 1 of 3 that will make up what is called the Midlands Gateway. The project will link Athlone, Mullingar, and Tullamore by a triangular network of roads, making it the largest hub for business and enterprise in Ireland, accessible to everywhere.
• On direct rail links.
• Located on the Grand Canal waterway.
• Just off the Dublin-Galway route.
• One of the oldest towns in the midlands.
• Department of Finance
• Department of Education
• Tullamore Pheonix Festival (July annually)
• National Agricultural & Livestock Show
• Queen of the Land Festival (November annually)
• Cosmos Star Party (April annually)
• Fleadh Ceoil na hEireann (August 2007, 2008 and 2009)
• National Ploughing Championships (2005 & 2007)
• World Sheepdog Trials (2005)
Find out more about these evens in the Events section.